Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Backlot Murders Movie Review



Corey Haim Movie Reviews

I've seen about 10 Corey Haim movies in the past 3 weeks...so I've decided to say what I think about each one. Some have been freakinngg awesome and some have been so ridiculous I wanted to throw my 100 calorie Chex packs at the screen.

I'll start with what I saw first.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Backlot Murders (2002)
(Rated R for strong violence, language, sexuality/nudity and some drug use.)

After seeing "The Coreys" about a dozen times on VH1 and E! countdowns and realizing that Corey Feldman was the one with the mullet, Corey Haim was the adorable one I looked for his movies because I have nothing better to do.

All I could find at movie gallery, however, was The Backlot Murders.

It starts off with some guys in a rock band sitting at a bar. Corey Haim is there. He looks kinda short. That's all I notice about the opening.

This movie barely made sense to me the first time. A rock video is being shot on the sets of old horror movies like Psycho and Jurassic Park.

The lead singer of the band's girlfriend's (Jainie) dad is a big record producer or something. The girl who plays Jainie is the freakin' worst actress I've ever seen in my life. She's got this ridiculous glittery pink eyeshadow.

A jealous ex-band mate wears an elvis mask and kills everyone on the set. People die and a couple gets stabbed while having sex exactly the way another couple dies in another Corey Haim movie (Fever Lake) and it's pretty lame. The guy who plays the gay director, Charles Fleischer, carries around a little dog and he's kinda funny. Everyone else sucks…
except haim, he was pretty good but he only took this part to be getting paid again, you know?
I was surprised he had such a small part. He dies in the least violent way. He could have avoided it, but his character is stupid.

This is the first movie I've seen with explicit sex and nudity.. It was pretty weird; girls running around in underwear and such. They had really nice boobs though. (Fake, duh.)
You can tell the girls got the parts from the way they look. No acting skills whatsoever.

I actually watched this movie twice and I realized I really kind of liked it haha It's so simple and it's the kinda movie you should do your homework or give yourself a really fancy manicure & pedicure while watching. It's pretty funny, and if you're a Haim fan it's nice.

Corey's Looks: They're OK, I like his weird quirks and smiles in this though so that's good. He was still getting off drugs at this point I believe, so he's not at his best.

Movie Rating: I give it 2 1/2 out of 5 stars because Corey Haim is in it and chews celery in a really cute way.

Closing:
This is the BEST sucky movie I've seen in my life. It's soooo bad it's great.

Labels: