Monday, March 19, 2007

American teens can be rather ignorant.



OK SO here's some pictures of me, my dog, and a BUTTERFLY i chased around the yard trying to take a picture of forever. hahaha~

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


And this is the best ugly picture I've ever taken hahahah
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Alot of Kids who like Japanese & Korean music
get made fun of constantly.
Even by their friends.

My good friend Willow who lives in NY...
Her "friends" make fun of her daily
for liking Hello! Project.
They call her names.

She doesn't force them to listen to her talk about it,
they justsee it on her myspace and on
her ipod and stuff.

And of course...I get made fun of alot
on youtube for dancing to japanese and korean music.

I've actually had someone say,
"Why can't you be normal
and listen to american music?"

Or they've used it as an insult.
"Oh yeah, well you listen to ASIAN music!"

I'm like..."and?"
I love a bunch of american music too O_O

HAHAHA.
That's so ignorant!
Tons of the biggest singers IN AMERICA
are NOT american and sing in other languages.
the best example, SHAKIRA!
American teens LOVE shakira, who sings
in another language, and yet they make fun of those of
us who like japanese music just because
its not american??

I really don't like american teenagers like this.

None of my friends make fun of me.
They'll be like, 'You like japanese music?"
I say YEAH MAN.
and they're like "cool i wanna hear".

So I have nice, non ignorant friends.
whatever man.

But anyway, I'm really sick of
people getting made fun of for being interested
in other cultures.

Especially if you TRULY LOVE music...
You won't limit yourself to the music ONLY from
YOUR country and YOUR language.

I'm willing to listen to music from ANY country and if you've
got any good singers from Germany or France or Spain...
tell me! I'd love to hear it.

I'm really bad at expressing my opinion, as I've
said before, but this just really hurts me and
makes me ashamed to be american.

OH OH.
Another thing.

When people learn somehow i can speak
japanese....they say
"Ching chong ching chang chao...What did I say?"

I can't tell you how many times I've simply
walked away from someone like that.
They weren't even kidding.

"You speak japanese? What does ChingChong mean?
I've always wondered!"

HAHA.

Or better yet... "You can speak asian??"


I hate that americans have the reputation
of not knowing anything about the rest of the world.

But it's pretty true O_O

My mom grew up all over the world though, so
I've always been taught other languages
and about other cultures since i was really little.
(I've gota video of me singing the Indian
National Anthem when I was 2)

Maybe that's why I'm so open minded.

Now I take Traditional Korean Dance and am friends
with people from all over.

I wish other teens would stop being so
mean.

I dunno what i'm trying to say anymore.
If I was really angry at one specific incident
I could write something that made more sense.
But I'm calm right now hahaha~


Please sign up for blogger and comment~
Do you get made fun of for the music you listen to?